Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in E:\web\creatingcom\htdocs\blog\wp-includes\functions.php on line 3707
7 toning exercises for fat thighs
Women tend to show their weight gain in their thighs, hips and buttocks (not always a bad thing). Unfortunately alcohol, sugar and trans-fats contribute generously to weight gain therefore cutting these out of your diet will be lead to a vast improvement.
Toning and diet are arguably the two most important processes for conquering over sized thighs.For optimum results exercises should be completed between four to six times a week with forty to sixty minute sessions.
Try the following thigh toning exercises for better results. It is strongly advised that you seek medical advice before attempting and of the below exercises.
1. Stationary Lunges – One of the best exercises for toning the thighs! Stand straight and then bend the
knees. Next, step forward allowing the back leg to relax. Place all the weight on the front leg and hold the position for ten seconds. Next return to original position and repeat the step for the opposite leg. Beginners should target anywhere between 3-6 sets of the exercise.
2. Walking Lunges – This is a variation of stationary lunges. While walking, the above steps should be done but without stopping or holding the position. While walking, bend at the waist and lunge one leg forward and then the opposite. Beginners can target anywhere 5-10 minutes .Gradually increase the goal to twenty minutes.
3. Leg Lift and hold– This exercise requires you to lie on your back and keep the knees and ankles as close as possible. Lift them about hands distance and hold that position for 10 seconds before returning to your original position. Its recommended to do six to eight sets of this exercise on a daily basis.
4. Leg Lift and Scissor – A variation of the above exercise with the only difference being the pointing of
toes and quick alternation in crossing each leg over other instead of holding. Again,six to eight sets would be appropriate.
5. Leg Lift and Circle –This exercise is targeted for one leg and the lift is basically same as mentioned
above. The variation in this one is each time the toe is made clockwise and anticlockwise movements. Six to eight sets is also suggested here.
6. Inner Thigh Squeeze – This exercise needs a large ball or a soft object which can be placed between
thighs. Wedge the object a bit away from the body and squeeze it for count of ten. Six to eight sets of this exercise is good for beginners.
7. Pulse Run – This exercise routine needs a track or pavement area. Starting in a squat position,
run at full speed for fifty or more steps. Please ensure the chest leans forward and the arms
are pumped. After the run, stand on one foot for 5 seconds and then do the same on the other. Repeat the routine for fifteen to thirty minutes taking breaks as needed.
Please take this article as a general toning guide! Seek medical advice before you carry out any of the exercise describe above.